Osa Rainforest and Ocean Tour
La Florida River Lodge is at the gateway to the Osa Peninsula anmad the southern Pacific Ocean. A beautiful lodge on a grand old forest estate. Enjoy a river boat ride through the mangroves,
comfortable cabins with private bath, fresh local fare at the lodge restaurant, hiking trails through
2,000 acres of rainforest, horseback riding, panning for gold, and tours that go out on the ocean
every day. See whales and dolphins. Try sport fishing at its best, or just relax, and catch up on the
richest biodiversity on the planet!
(1) WHITE WATER RAFTING
a) SAN RAFAEL RIVER (Class III) in Sarapiqui: This river offers some of Costa Rica's most lush and vibrant scenery. The low-volume of the river makes it ideal for white-water novices, as well as families, all of whom will enjoy its moderately flowing rapids, interspersed with tranquil stretches. There are also excellent bird-watching opportunities as the river stretches its way through lush vegetation that is home to hummingbirds, toucans, woodpeckers, and scores of other native bird species. $80
b) RIO GRANDE DE OROSI (Class III) in Cartago, The section extends through a distance of 5 km of continuous and thrilling whitewaters, with a spectacular sightseeing of the surrounding mountains, where we guarantee healthy and safe entertainment in touch with nature and with the rapids. The tour in the river lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours. A typical lunch will be provided. $80,
c) RIO PACUARE (Class IV): The Pacuare rafting trip is great for the more experienced rafter and offers the perfect combination of great tropical scenery and a white water adrenaline rush. $95
(2) ZIPLINE AT SAN LORENZO CANOPY TOUR: This canopy tour provides a bird’s eye view of nature from a close up perspective. Slide from one platform to the other, (13 in all), enjoying the beauty and serenity of this private reserve. In addition, this park also boasts the longest “adventure cables” in the world and offers the opportunity for those seeking an adrenaline rush after the scenic afternoon. The San Lorenzo canopy tour is located at the Valle Escondido Hotel, only 1¾ hours from San Jose. $81
For those who wish to learn and enjoy:
(3) RAINFOREST ADVENTURE (3 in 1 tour) A great way to see the tropical side of Costa Rica, start with the Braulio Carrillo forest trip, continue with the Sarapiqui Boat Tour, walk on the Selvaverde reserve paths as well as have lunch there, take a cablecar through the rainforest, visit a butterfly, frog and snake farm. $99
(4) ISLA SAN LUCAS CATAMARAN: Try this new tour where you can learn about the oldest Costa Rican jail and how inmates lived in this small island for many years, you will enjoy a great lunch at the boat and later relax on the beach. $110
(5) CORONADO FARM: If you’re into more personalized, green tourism, try our very interesting Coronado Cloud forest Hike and Dairy Tour (You see how a dairy works) $80. For bird lovers there is also the Coronado Birdwatching full day tour $80, and there’s also the Coronado Horseback Riding and Hiking Tour to the waterfall $85. There’s also the half day tour with a Cultural Horseback ride and Dairy Tour for $65. All of these are done with well trained guides.
(6) If you’re into stones and gems, we recommend taking a ride to a nearby downtown JEWELRY FACTORY AND STORE with interesting information about the making of jewels as well as some indigenous artifact replicas. They offer pickup and drop off sometimes even to the airport!
(7) TORTUGERO NATIONAL PARK: 1 day, 2 day or 3 day tours that include transportation by bus, boat, meals, lodging, all the tours in the area. Visit one of the most exciting areas in Costa Rica, the Tortuguero National Park. This is the most important area in the Western Caribbean for the nesting grounds of the green sea turtle (Chelonia Midas), which can be seen from July to October. This region abounds with rich flora and fauna. Its several waterways allow all kinds of life to grow and develop in a Primary and Secondary Tropical Rain Forest. Orchids, birds, monkeys, crocodiles, sloths, toucans and many other species, can be seen all over the area.
(8) COSTA RICAN NIGHTS TOUR: Spend a great night under the concept of dinner/show where you’re greeted with fireworks, a welcome cocktail, and followed by the show “Historias Ticas” which highlights historical anecdotes, customs, traditions and characters. This is the ideal way to provide a little taste of the Costa Rican culture and the way that daily life is combined with popular culture. The tour includes typical buffet dinner a companied by “marimba” music, and it concludes with a guided tour through Costa Rican history visiting the historical buildings of a replica of San Jose in “Pueblo Antiguo”. Located in the “Parque de Diversiones Theme Park”, it is a great way to also help with the National Children’s Hospital, and entity which the park donates all it’s profit. $45 with transfer, $38 without.
For those who are in need of a “break”:
(9) ARENAL VOLCANO AND HOT SPRINGS
a) ARENAL VOLCANO AND TABACON HOT SPRINGS: This is an unforgettable all-inclusive one-day tour taking you to the base of cone-shaped Arenal Volcano. Tabacon Hot Springs, at the base of Arenal, is a labyrinth of soothing hot water streams and springs, waterfalls and slides in a gorgeous park-like setting with restaurants and swim-up bars. $110.
b) Smaller yet with wonderful service and delightful springs is the ARENAL VOLCANO AND BALDI HOT SPRINGS, $86.
c) If you wish for a more private all inclusive one day tour at the Arenal Volcano, take the opportunity to relax at the beautiful SPRINGS RESORT AND SPA where you'll be able to enjoy the facilities and the awesome of its nature and surrounded environment. In a nice clear day you will have the opportunity to admire the majestic colossus and then afterwards you will be treated to a great dinner. $100
(10) TORTUGA ISLAND ON THE FAMOUS CATAMARAN, CALYPSO: (departs from the Holiday Inn about three blocks from the Hemingway Inn around 7:30 am) This is a fun tour to scenic Tortuga Island on the deluxe catamaran, the Calypso. You can savor the sun on a clear day as well as a delicious lunch. $119
There are one-day guided tours to the exotic cloud forests of Monteverde or the idyllic pristine beaches of Manuel Antonio. The Jaco tour includes crocodile sightings, entrance to the biological park, and a full afternoon enjoying all the facilities (pool, etc) of the 5-star Barcelo Ampola hotel, a big dinner buffet, and the sunshine and surf of Jaco beach. The Orosi Valley tour takes you to the top of smoldering 3432 meter Irazu Volcano and descend two miles vertically into breath-taking Orosi Valley, to the oldest Spanish church ruins in Costa Rica, a local museum, a look at diverse Costa Rican agriculture, and the beautiful Lankaster Botanical Gardens. You could also enjoy an informative hands-on Café Britt coffee and the San Jose Tour showing you the highlights of the city. The more adventuresome among our guests also enjoy the scenery.